Sunday, November 26, 2006

I spilled blood!

Urrgghh....

Hahaha... actually, yesterday, 2nd service, was serving communion and right after serving the first person, a lady, my left foot couldn't find solid ground and I was totally shocked and completely lost my balance, and arrrrrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhh, I tried to steady my falling self with my free right hand, cos my left hand's holding the tray with the bread and wine. Thank God the whole tray didn't turn upside down, but the wine cups were shaken and splashed until half full. Amazingly, the bread was untouched and didn't kena any of the wine!!!

Anyways, I was absolutely embarassed and apologised to the lady profusely. Poor handbag! Anyways, I was so surprised that I could have missed that bag. Normally, I would carefully maneuver myself through the thin aisle between the chairs, avoiding all the bags, but dunno what happened this time round... sigh...

I felt sorry too, because I am carrying the Lord's body and blood. I mean, IT IS His body and blood. The bread and wine are not just a symbolical item to represent Him. But IT IS HIM, His body and blood, cos He said it. He never said, oh, this bread represents My body, this wine represents My blood. Nope. He said, "This is My body, broken for you" and "This is My blood, shed for the forgiveness of all your sins".

Oh, forgive me Lord, for I have erred!

Of course I must take this mistake seriously, because we can't just treat the bread and wine as symbols and meaningless items. I mean, let's take it this way, Jesus said it is His body and blood, right? And if He is right in front of you, give part of His body to you, and some of His blood to you, would you treat 'em with disdain, and assume that they are nothing more than symbols of Him? Of course not, right? His body and blood are too precious to be disdained. Somethimes, someone might drop the bread and I would give a new bread to the fella, and then I will pick up the bread, and put it back into the tray to be served again..... hahahaha, of course not lah! But I will pick it up and then discard it respectfully while saying sorry Lord under my breath. I mean, we've really got to take communion seriously, not just do it ritualistically, or like it's just another "religious practice". It is very, very powerful, and you just don't realize how much YOU can experience by taking communion seriously.

I'm real glad RLC have communion every Sunday, because we would have the opportunity to come before Christ's table and communion with Him. And have the chance to experience signs and wonders, miracles and breakthroughs, every Sunday, through communion. I can say this convincingly, because I come from 3 different churches before RLC, and all 3 only have communion once a month. I think most churches are also like that. Well, every church is unique so I wouldn't want to comment much whether who is better and who is not, so, I'm just saying that I'm glad that I can experience communion every Sunday. And I am more than glad and priviledged to serve communion every Sunday for both services. I mean, I do hear some guys complaining this and that but every opportunity I can serve God, I cherish it and consider myself priviledged enough to serve the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords. And He has given me SO much and by serving Him, it is only a small return of His GIFT, and to express my love for Him, for He first loved me. I would, of course, never be able to repay Him in my whole lifetime, for what He has done for me. That's definitivamente.

Ok, I've gotto run to catch some lunch and spend some time praying too :) mid-air refill :)

Ephesians 6:11-13 (NKJV)

Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.


Have a blessed week everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home